Sunday, March 16, 2014

Creating

When I was in college at Farmington I took a poetry class one summer as I needed a literature class to graduate.

This is one of the poems I wrote. We found the folder when we were going through things to clear out the back room to make into my MK room.  I still like this one. And yes I got chills a while ago when I read it again.


Creating
I like the feeling I get
When wet paint
            Slides together to form
A new combination of colors

One color adjoining another
In harmony -- or not
To achieve that chill
             That starts at the hair
And crawls down the back

Writing is a challenge
To find the right word
The right way to put a phrase
            Commas, semicolons; and
And the rest
Fascinate me

Words on the page
Lovingly screaming at the writer
And reader -- stop! -- go!
            Continue on your way
Leading to the conclusion

Pictures in words
Words in paintings
Achieve the ultimate scene
            A release -- a tension --
An excitement -- that's the goal

written by 
Linda Gowan
July 8, 2003

let me know what you think.

More later, Linda


            


No comments:

Post a Comment